Amy E. Beverlin represents employers in all aspects of employment-related litigation, including wage and hour class, collective, and representative actions, state and federal litigation of discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, and leave and accommodation claims, and proceedings before the Equal Employment and Opportunity Commission and the California Labor Commissioner.
Her practice is national in scope, having represented clients in proceedings throughout the United States, including in California, Indiana, Nevada, Ohio, Arizona, and Texas. Amy also has significant experience in all aspects of commercial litigation, including defending companies and individuals in business, entertainment, and real estate disputes.
Before joining McGuireWoods, Amy served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Charles R. Wilson on the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and practiced with a boutique litigation firm.
Amy graduated magna cum laude from Southwestern Law School in 2012, where she served as Notes & Comments Editor for the Southwestern Law Review and as a student attorney in the Ninth Circuit Appellate Litigation Clinic.
While in law school, Amy also completed judicial externships with the Honorable Alex Kozinski on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the Honorable Dean D. Pregerson on the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Prior to law school, Amy attended Scripps College in Claremont, California, where she was an Academic All-American and served as Captain of the Women’s Varsity Water Polo Team.
- Defeated motion for class certification in U.S. District Court for the Central District of California in putative statewide wage and hour class action alleging unpaid overtime and meal and rest break violations.
- Obtained summary judgment in U.S. District Court for the Central District of California as to all claims for major telecommunications company in action alleging age discrimination, disability discrimination, and wrongful termination.
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of national title insurance company in $26 million title insurance and real property dispute relating to exclusive oceanfront real estate in Maui, following three-week arbitration.
- Defended national mortgage company in wrongful termination dispute involving claims of whistleblowing, retaliation, and race discrimination. After mediation, obtained favorable settlement for client.
- Obtained complete dismissal of action in Supreme Court of Nevada on behalf of national title insurance company in multi-year mechanic’s lien dispute.
- Drafted employment policies and employee handbook for national mortgage company to ensure compliance with full range of employment laws.
- Southwestern Law School, JD, magna cum laude, Notes & Comments Editor, Southwestern Law Review, 2012
- Scripps College, BA, American Studies, Politics & International Relations, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
Rate : $$$$