Amy Gross practices in the area of litigation. Ms. Gross has litigated at the trial and appellate level for more than a dozen years. Over the course of her career, she has advised and represented companies of all sizes as well as individuals in a variety of commercial matters, including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, undue influence, insurance coverage, fraud, antitrust, and other matters.
She has litigated varied matters on behalf of fiduciaries and beneficiaries in New York Surrogate’s Court. She has also litigated numerous issues in defense of libel claims and substantive and procedural issues in opposition to attempts to pierce the newsgathering privilege.
She also has experience pursuing Freedom of Information Act and related requests at the federal and state level. She is a member of the American Bar Association’s Forum on Communications Law and its Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section. She is also an active member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
Ms. Gross is a 2002 graduate of Harvard Law School, where she was co-managing editor of the Harvard International Law Journal, and a magna cum laudegraduate of American University.
- Litigated on behalf of television production company against efforts to pierce the Reporter’s Shield and obtain unbroadcast material.
- Represented charitable beneficiaries in dispute over estate accounting.
- Represented charitable beneficiary in cy pres proceeding resolved to client’s satisfaction.
- Represented a New York hospital in a breach of contract dispute against former employee physician that settled on terms the client found highly favorable. St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center v. Fonseca (Sup. Ct. N.Y. Co. 2014).
- Litigated on behalf of defendant in action involving allegations of family partnership in connection with ownership of co-op apartment. Preliminary injunction motion against client denied by court and motion to dismiss granted. Estate of Gertrudo R. Realuyo v. Amelia Realuyo (Sup. Ct. N.Y. Co. 2013).
- Represented parent in lawsuit and negotiated settlement relating to educational services for disabled child.
- Litigated on behalf of cultural commentator in defamation lawsuit brought by climate scientist.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2002
- American University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1998
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
Rate : $$$