Amy Hurwitz is an experienced litigator whose practice focuses on the defense of mass tort, commercial and consumer class action claims in state and federal courts. She has wide-ranging experience in all aspects of litigation, from its inception through trial. Her prior work experience in the health care industry gives her a particularly useful perspective in matters involving complex medical and scientific issues. Amy has extensive experience representing clients in the tobacco, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and medical device industries.
Amy’s experience includes conducting all aspects of the coordination and management of the defense of major corporations against both individual and class action lawsuits. She is involved in all phases of litigation, from the initial stages of fact investigation and strategy development through trial.
In addition to serving various roles at the pre-trial level including strategy and defensive theme development, fact investigation, expert witness development and legal drafting, Amy has notable trial experience and has been an integral part of many trial teams.
Amy also maintains an active role in pro bono work, including advocating as a guardian ad litem and participating in local legal aid clinics. She is active in the ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section’s Trial Techniques Committee, where she serves as committee chair.
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2000)
- University of Florida (M.H.S., 1995)
- University of Florida (B.S., with honors, 1994)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- The Commonwealth Institute, Women’s leadership organization
- South Florida Board of Advisors (2018-present)
- American Bar Association
- Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section
- Trial Techniques Committee
- Chair (2014-2015)
- Chair-Elect (2013-2014)
- Newsletter Editor (2012-2013)
- Program Vice-Chair (2011-2012)
- The Florida Bar
- Office Hiring Chair & Summer Associate Program Coordinator, Carlton Fields, Miami
Rate : $$$$