Amy R. Lucas is an accomplished litigator who focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation at both the trial and appellate level. She regularly handles entertainment, contractual, and intellectual property disputes, business torts, and class actions.
Amy has represented a wide range of companies in trials, arbitrations, and appeals, as well as pre-litigation counseling. Amy thrives on complex and challenging matters, and her unwavering dedication to excellence and detail delivers results even in the most difficult cases. Amy’s clients span various industries, and in recent years have included major motion picture studios, media companies, producers, major financial institutions, pharmaceutical companies, and auto manufacturers.
In addition to her regular practice, Amy devotes significant time to pro bono matters, and has represented pro bono clients in both administrative hearings and civil litigation, including in federal courts of appeals and the US Supreme Court.
- Representing electric car manufacturer in constitutional challenge to discriminatory state legislation barring direct sales and services to consumers
- Representing television studio in arbitration related to licensing of television show and contingent compensation
- Representing pharmaceutical company in ongoing Judicial Council Coordinated Proceedings alleging product liability claims, trial team obtained full defense verdict in first California trial
- Defended bank in a lawsuit brought by NFL star alleging fraud, RICO, conspiracy, and other torts arising out of a third party’s embezzlement of money from brokerage and bank accounts
- Represented satellite radio broadcasting company in a series of copyright litigations and class actions asserting unprecedented public performance rights in pre-1972 sound recordings
- Represented creators of the multibillion-dollar video game franchises Call of Duty and Modern Warfare in complex litigation against a videogame publisher for breach of contract, wrongful termination, and fraud. (West & Zampella v. Activision)
- Represented the Hollywood Foreign Press Association in litigation and appeal concerning the rights to the Golden Globe Awards Show. (HFPA v. Dick Clark Productions)
- Defended consolidated putative class action cases involving the Video Privacy Protection Act and other privacy rights
- Represented a motion picture studio in a complex intellectual property and contract putative class action
- Represented a global technology and consumer products company in litigation and international arbitration alleging breach of contract and business torts
- Represented a multinational agricultural manufacturer in worldwide antitrust class action litigation
- Represented a studio in arbitration against a former partner for unpaid profit participations in a television show
- Represented a multinational financial institution in litigation asserting successor-liability claims
Corporate & Government Experience:
- Prior to attending law school, Amy worked in corporate communications and business development at a major marketing and branding agency.
- US Supreme Court
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- US District Court, Central and Northern Districts of California, Western District of Michigan
- University of California at Los Angeles, J.D., 2008: Order of the Coif
- Northwestern University, B.S., Communications, 2003: magna cum laude
- Law Clerk, Honorable Sandra S. Ikuta, US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Rate : $$$