Amy L. Miles joined Stoll Keenon Ogden in 2015 as an Associate in the Labor, Employment & Employee Benefits practice. She brings a unique perspective to the firm from her previous experience as a clerk for the honorable Candace J. Smith, U.S. Magistrate Judge in the Eastern District of Kentucky.
As employment laws continually change, Amy counsels businesses and organizations on how to navigate complex statutes and regulations, which can create confusion around an employer’s legal obligation to their employees. She provides practical, business-tailored advice that helps employers bridge the understanding gap in their organizations and avoid costly challenges in the courtroom.
Labor, Employment & Employee Benefits: Amy represents a variety of national, regional, and local employers in all areas of employment law, including pre-litigation investigations, litigation, and appeals. She also handles agency investigations, including proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, and the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights.
She routinely advises employers on strategies to resolve workplace issues and prevent litigation by offering recommendations on day-to-day operational practices and broader employee-related policies.
She has also conducted training for her clients relating to a variety of issues, including the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. In cases of litigation, she represents employers responding to claims of discrimination, retaliation and wrongful termination, employment breach of contract, and wage and hour disputes, among other concerns.
- University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law 2014, J.D., magna cum laude
- Centre College B.A., cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- Louis D. Brandeis Inn of Court, pupil member, 2014
- Centre College Alumni Association, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$