Amy M. Shepherd practices in the business area, with a primary focus in securities, corporate governance and general corporate matters. She focuses on meeting the needs of her clients in an efficient and timely manner, maintaining a thorough understanding of her clients’ industries to deliver the most effective service to meet corporate needs.
Amy has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2010. She is a Securities and Audit Letter Review partner of the firm.
- Assisted oil and gas companies in the successful completion of public and private offerings of securities.
- Represented a public health care company in a going-private transaction, including preparation of the merger agreement and proxy statement. Provided corporate governance support for the client’s special committee, officers and directors.
- Represented a Canadian oil and gas client in a series transaction resulting in the sale of all assets of the company to multiple purchasers, dissolution of the company and deregistration with the SEC.
- Assists clients with board evaluations and self-assessments. Assists clients in establishing an appropriate process, developing the scope and substance of the evaluations/assessments, and, in some cases, facilitating the actual board evaluations, self-assessments and peer reviews.
- Helps banking clients, family offices and trustees of trusts comply with the Securities Act of 1933, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and the Investment Company Act of 1940.
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- J.D., The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, 1989
- B.A., The Ohio State University, 1986
Admissions : Ohio
Rate : $$$