Amy Simmerman is a partner in the Wilmington, Delaware, office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. Amy is one of the leaders of the firm’s Delaware office and governance practice. Her practice focuses on providing advice on all aspects of Delaware corporate law, including fiduciary duties, mergers and acquisitions, stockholder activism, corporate governance, corporate formation, stock issuances, preferred stock investments, and various statutory matters.
Amy frequently speaks and publishes on Delaware law and governance issues. She also has been involved in many special committee assignments and internal investigations and provides corporate advice in the context of litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Amy was corporate counsel at a global software company, where she focused on corporate law issues and M&A. Prior to that, she practiced for several years in the Delaware corporate law counseling group at a Delaware law firm.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Advisory Council, Equality Delaware
- Board Member and Vice President, American Civil Liberties Union of Delaware
- Co-Chair, Private Company Target Merger Agreement Task Force, Business Law Section, American Bar Association
- State Bar of Delaware
Rate : $$$