Amy Starinieri Gilbert’s practice currently focuses on antitrust litigation and compliance counseling, class action litigation, as well as complex commercial litigation. Amy’s substantive experience also includes work in conjunction with consumer protection statutes, particularly the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
Actively involved in pro bono work at the firm, Amy was a member of a team of McGuireWoods attorneys that received an Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service from the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the Chicago Chapter of the Federal Bar Association for their work in a federal civil rights suit.
Amy obtained her bachelor’s and law degrees from the University of Illinois, where she earned the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Advanced Legal Research, Criminal Law, and the Domestic Violence Clinic.
During law school, Amy served as an intern at the Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation providing free legal services to low-income clients in matters relating to domestic violence and other family legal matters. Amy was also recognized as a Frederick Green Moot Court Competition Finalist and served as the executive editor of the Frederick Green Moot Court.
Before joining McGuireWoods, first as a summer associate and then as an associate, Amy was an extern to the Honorable Judge Bobbi Petrungaro of the 12th Judicial Circuit Court of Illinois. She also served as a project assistant supporting trial preparation for a general law firm in Chicago.
- University of Illinois College of Law, JD, cum laude, 2014
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BA, History, Secondary Education, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Young Lawyer Representative, Membership and Diversity Committee, Antitrust Section of the American Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, Civil Practice and Procedure Committee’s Young Lawyers Advisory Panel
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
Community Involvement : Member of the Associate Board of CARPLS.
Rate : $$$$