Amy L. Ventry-Kagan regularly litigates employment-related claims, from individual claims of sexual harassment and race, sex, age and disability discrimination, to class and collective actions in the areas of wage and hour and discrimination.
She also handles retaliation and wrongful discharge claims and litigates disputes arising in connection with non-compete agreements and breach of contract claims. Amy also litigates single, multi-plaintiff and class action ERISA matters.
She frequently appears in state and federal trial and appellate courts and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), the New York State Division of Human Rights, and New York and New Jersey Departments of Labor.
Amy has extensive experience investigating internal complaints of sexual and other types of harassment or discrimination, including allegations made against officials at the highest levels.
A significant part of Amy’s practice also involves traditional labor law matters such as negotiating collective bargaining agreements and litigating traditional labor law matters arising under the National Labor Relations Act, including representation issues and unfair labor practice claims before the NLRB, as well as arbitration matters pursuant to collective bargaining agreements. She regularly advises employers in connection with union avoidance, organizing campaigns and other labor management issues.
- J.D., Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law
- B.A., Barnard College, Columbia University
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$