Ana Dowell is an Associate in the Firm’s Atlanta Office. She represents employers in a variety of employment law matters, including alleged violations of Title VII, ADA, FMLA, and FLSA. Ana has managed discovery in these types of cases, which has involved conducting employee interviews, responding to written discovery and document requests, and preparing and defending depositions. She also has experience in drafting responsive pleadings, motions to dismiss, and other dispositive motions.
Aside from litigation, Ana regularly counsels companies on employment law compliance, including drafting employee handbooks and separation agreements. Ana has represented and defended clients in government investigations brought by the Department of Justice and HUD.
In addition, she has defended multiple employers from EEOC Charges of Discrimination. Since 2014, Ana has assisted employers in the outfitting industry in implementing Executive Orders 13658 and 13706, which increased the federal minimum wage in federal contracts and afforded paid sick leave to federal contractors.
Ana is fluent in Spanish and was voted Top 10% Oralist by the Emory faculty in Emory’s Legal Writing, Research and Advocacy Program. While in law school, Ana clerked for the Honorable Kimberly Esmond Adams in the Superior Court of Fulton County, Georgia.
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2011
- B.A., University of Rochester, 2008
Admitted to Practice:
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment and Litigation Sections)
- Georgia Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association (Labor and Employment and Litigation Sections)
- Successfully secured summary judgment in favor of a restaurant chain in a case brought by a customer who alleged she was a victim of racial profiling.
- Successfully argued and obtained dismissal of a race and gender discrimination case on behalf of an insurance company as a discovery sanction against the plaintiff, who was a former employee of the company.
- Drafted multiple positions statements in response to EEOC Charges of Discrimination, including claims of race, gender, and disability discrimination.
- Negotiated settlements on behalf of employers and drafted employee settlement agreements.
Rate : $$$$