Ana E. Cowan has more than 16 years of experience representing physicians, physician groups, ambulatory surgery centers, and non-profit health organizations in regulatory healthcare matters, corporate and administrative matters.
Ana is a regular speaker on issues relating to industry trends, business relationships, and healthcare transactions. She has also published numerous articles on various healthcare law topics. Prior to joining Husch Blackwell, Ana practiced with Brown McCarroll.
- Interpreting and analyzing compliance with federal and state anti-fraud and abuse regulations.
- Advising clients on the consequences of state and federal regulation of fee-sharing, self-referral, antitrust risk and nonprofit health organizations.
- Consultation and drafting of a variety of productivity-based compensation formulas for physician groups and other organizations.
- Transactions relating to the creation, merger and acquisition of various physician and other provider organizations, including Texas Medical Board certification as nonprofit healthcare organizations, joint ventures and management organizations; Texas regulatory requirements; and various management and corporate organizational issues.
- Negotiation of clinical research agreements with sponsors, contract research organizations and site management organizations.
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law
- Master of Law, University of Houston Law Center
- B.S., Trinity University
Admissions : Texas
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas, Pro Bono College
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$