Anastasia P. Cordova is a trial lawyer who concentrates on financial services litigation, assisting clients with complex commercial disputes. She also has extensive experience litigating eminent domain, land use, and construction law cases.
Anastasia has represented a wide variety of clients in state, federal, and appellate courts, as well as in alternative dispute resolution proceedings. Anastasia is a member of the Firm’s construction industry and appellate teams.
In 2018, Anastasia successfully represented a software development company in a $1 million lawsuit brought by a former client, obtaining a favorable resolution after mediation. In late 2016, Anastasia successfully litigated a condemnation matter in a federal court in Pennsylvania, obtaining a winning verdict after a jury trial.
Over the course of her career, Anastasia has briefed and appeared in several appeals before the New York Appellate Division, Second Department, Supreme Court of Virginia, Court of Special Appeals of Maryland, and the Courts of Appeals for the Third and Fourth Circuits.
Prior to joining the Firm, Anastasia served as law clerk to the Honorable Robert J. Smith of Fairfax County (VA) Circuit Court from 2009 to 2011. While attending American University, she was a member of the Mock Trial Honor Society and the American University Administrative Law Review. Anastasia is fluent in Russian and Ukrainian.
- Served as in-house counsel to one of the nation’s largest banks, assisting with underwriter litigation and other complex disputes.
- Representation of a merchant services provider in a class action dispute relating to credit and debit card processing fees.
- Defense of multi-million construction lawsuit on behalf of prime contractor and first tier subcontractor.
- Eminent domain actions on behalf of the condemnor in federal and state courts in Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Kentucky, and Ohio.
- Federal preemption law suits under the Natural Gas Act and the Natural Gas Pipeline Safety Act.
- Multiple appeals in state and federal appellate courts.
- Representation of children from El Salvador seeking asylum.
- American University Washington College of Law, JD, Staff, American University Administrative Law Review, 2009
- Cornell University, BA, summa cum laude, 2006
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
Affiliations : Member, Fairfax Bar Association
Rate : $$$