Anastasia Marie Kerdock is counsel in the labor and employment section of the New York office. She defends and counsels clients on a wide range of labor and employment matters arising under federal, state and local law.Ms. Kerdock litigates employment-related disputes in federal and state courts, as well as in arbitral forums.
She defends claims of employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour violations and breach of employment contract.Ms. Kerdock also helps clients avoid litigation and other disputes by counseling them on the implementation of policies reflecting “best practices.”
She advises clients on diverse issues arising in connection with the recruitment, hiring, performance management and separation of employees, such as the negotiation of employment and severance agreements, and the enforcement of restrictive covenants.Ms. Kerdock also has significant experience in the area of traditional labor, particularly in the context of financial restructurings. She represents clients in the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, and advises them on issues of labor-management relations and compliance with federal labor laws.
Ms. Kerdock received her B.A. summa cum laude from Villanova University in 2006, and her J.D. from Columbia Law School in 2009, where she was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and a member of the Columbia Human Rights Law Review.
- Ms. Kerdock’s recent representations include:
- negotiation of initial collective bargaining agreement on behalf of senior secured lenders holding approximately $2 billion of outstanding loans and commitments in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding.
- defense of Fortune 500 company in multiple litigations alleging sexual harassment, employment discrimination and retaliation under federal, New York State and New York City laws
- defense of national hospitality chain in litigation alleging violation of federal and New York State wage and hour laws
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 2009
- B.A., Villanova University, summa cum laude, 2006
- New York
Rate : $$$$