André T. Krammer is an experienced intellectual property and technology lawyer who develops and implements robust and optimal strategies to protect, enforce and utilize a client’s intellectual property.
In this role, André advises clients across a broad range of technologies including artificial intelligence, wearables, sensors, electronics, semiconductors, cellular telephony, wireless communications, optics, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, financial transactions, database technologies and software.
Over the course of his career, André has successfully managed and prosecuted clients’ patent portfolios in the U.S. and foreign jurisdictions, represented clients in post-grant and opposition proceedings, and evaluated the essentiality of patents for various industry standards, including, for example, 3GPP-LTE, and MPEG-4 AAC.
André also has extensive experience in technology licensing, commercial transactions, and intellectual property diligence investigations. His experience includes preparing patentability and freedom-to-operate opinions, conducting infringement and validity analyses, and identifying risks associated with third parties’ intellectual property assets.
André holds a doctorate in physics, and prior to his legal career, worked as a computational chemist at Scios (a Johnson & Johnson company) and as a software engineer at Accelrys (now Dassault Systèmes BIOVIA). André grew up in Germany before coming to the U.S. on a Fulbright scholarship.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D. High Tech Law Certificate in Intellectual Property with honors, ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of IP Law, Dean’s List, Santa Clara Computer & High Technology Law Journal (article editor) (2013)
- University of Washington-Seattle Campus, Ph.D. in Physics (2000)
- Friedrich Alexander Universität Erlangen Nürnberg, Diplom-Physiker in Physics (1994)
- Friedrich Alexander Universität Erlangen Nürnberg, B.S. in Physics (1990)
Bar Admissions : California, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Court Admissions : U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
Professional Associations :
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Licensing Executive Society
Rate : $$$