Andrea S. Hartley is the chair of Akerman’s Bankruptcy & Reorganization Practice Group, a nationally recognized team serving as bankruptcy counsel or receivers in many of the largest bankruptcy filings in the United States.
An experienced bankruptcy and creditors’ rights litigator, Andrea counsels clients in the financial services, real estate, hospitality, restaurant, and retail sectors on business reorganizations and liquidations, assumption and rejection of leases, workouts, debt restructurings, assignments for the benefit of creditors, and creditors’ rights.
She also has substantial experience with fraudulent conveyance and preferential transfer litigation. She acts on behalf of lenders, secured and unsecured creditors, corporate debtors, commercial landlords, suppliers, vendors, and purchasers of troubled companies and their assets, both in and out of bankruptcy court.
Respected as a leader in bankruptcy law, Andrea served as National Chair of the 17,000-member Law Practice Division of the American Bar Association (ABA). She is also the past Chair of the ABA Women Rainmakers and a Fellow of the ABA. Andrea also served as only the third female president of the Dade County Bar Association in its then 95-year history.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1990
- B.S., University of Florida, 1987, with honors
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association, Law Practice Division, Chair (2009-2010)
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section Fellow, Business Bankruptcy Co-Chair of Programs Sub-Committee
- The Florida Bar, Bankruptcy U.C.C. Committee, Member
- Dade County Bar Association, President (2011-2012)
- Bankruptcy Bar Association for Southern District of Florida, Member
Rate : $$$