Andrea Penedo is an Associate at Fragomen’s Houston office where she works in the field of corporate immigration law primarily representing clients in the energy sector. Andrea is experienced in all aspects of immigration law, and her practice encompasses nonimmigrant and immigrant visas, labor certifications, citizenship matters and immigration compliance matters.
She also has practiced before the U.S. Immigration Court and has represented individuals on appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Through the University of Houston Law Center Immigration Clinic, Andrea provided pro bono support on a VAWA petition for a woman and family involved in removal proceedings.
She has represented numerous individuals on a pro bono basis in relation to U visa applications, and has represented a juvenile at an asylum office and in U.S. Immigration Court.
Andrea speaks English and Spanish.
- Represented companies of all sizes with filing nonimmigrant and immigrant petitions for employees including H-1B, L-1, TN, E-1/2, O-1, EB-1 Outstanding Professor or Researcher, EB-2/EB-3 through the PERM labor certification process, and EB-2 National Interest Waiver applicants.
- Represented employers in both proactive and reactive Form I-9 compliance matters.
- Represented clients at oral arguments before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Assisted individuals with filing I-130 petitions, I-485 adjustment of status applications, requests for status through the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, and requests for parole in place for military family members and U visa petitions.
- Served as first chair at numerous trials before the U.S. Immigration Court and drafted appellate briefs to the Board of Immigration Appeals.
- Represented a client in Matter of M-A-M, 25I&N Dec. 474 (BIA 2010), which resulted in a rare published decision that created a precedent by establishing procedural safeguards in U.S. Immigration Court for non-citizens with mental disabilities.
- University of Houston Law Center | J.D., 2012
- The University of Texas at Austin | B.A., 2008
Bar Admissions: Texas
Court Admissions: Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Board Member, Boys & Girls Harbor
- Member, United Way of Greater Houston LINC
Rate : $$$$