Andrea L. Rimer is recognized as a leading attorney in Georgia in hazardous site cleanup and redevelopment. She has assisted clients in successfully and efficiently managing environmental issues in the acquisition, lending and divestiture of properties throughout Georgia and the country.
For more than 20 years, Andrea has represented buyers, sellers and lenders in the purchase and sale of real property and corporate assets across the United States, with a particular focus on a variety of environmental transactional and regulatory matters involving brownfields redevelopment; hazardous site investigation and cleanup; underground storage tanks (USTs); regulatory compliance and enforcement; hazardous waste management; and state and federal Superfund, brownfield and voluntary remediation programs.
Representative Matters :
- Represented lenders in foreclosure on former industrial and commercial properties and resolution of future site liabilities through brownfields and UST programs.
- Advised an international airline in connection with hazardous waste and petroleum management and compliance, UST and AST regulation, hazardous substance and petroleum regulation, and state and federal Superfund programs.
- Served as lead environmental counsel in the acquisition and redevelopment of dozens of properties throughout Georgia through the Georgia Brownfields Program and Georgia Voluntary Remediation Program, and in the resolution of Georgia Hazardous Site Response Act liabilities.
- Counseled a multistate publicly traded company in evaluating and developing environmental disclosures in compliance with applicable SEC regulations.
- Represented clients in litigation and regulatory enforcement actions involving petroleum and hazardous substance releases in Georgia, California, Florida, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia and other states.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Institute of Georgia Environmental Leadership (Class of 2014)
- Editorial Board, Natural Resources & Environment, American Bar Association
- Chair, Environmental Law Section, State Bar of Georgia (2007)
- Harvard University, J.D., cum laude, 1996
- University of Georgia, A.B., summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1993
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$