Andrés de la Cruz’s practice focuses on advising private and public sector clients in connection with cross-border corporate and financial matters, including debt restructurings, securities offerings, structured financing, as well as mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures.
Andrés has worked on numerous transactions in the United States, Latin America and Europe. He regularly advises the governments of Argentina, Chile and Uruguay, as well as numerous sub-sovereign entities in Latin America, in a wide range of financing, liability management and restructuring transactions.
He received the “Dealmaker of the Year” award from the American Lawyer in 2017 for his leading role as counsel to Argentina in its historic $16.5 billion debt offering in 2016, the largest sale of debt by any developing nation.
Andrés joined the firm in 1988 and became a partner in 1998. He was resident in the Brussels office from 1988 through 1992, in the New York office from 1992 through 2004 and in the Frankfurt office from 2005 through 2008. In 2009 Andrés moved to Buenos Aires to open Cleary’s office in Argentina.
- Abbott Laboratories in a tender and consent solicitation to purchase any and all of the outstanding 5.125 percent senior notes due 2022 of its subsidiary CFR International.
- The Republic of Argentina in various transactions, including:
- Its $9 billion SEC-registered offering of three series of debt securities issued in 2018.
- Its $16.5 billion SEC-registered offering, which incorporated a structure allowing for the payment of amounts needed to lift pari passu injunctions established by court order, which helped to facilitate the payment of settlement claims to holders of defaulted bonds and the negotiation of a settlement agreement with TFA, the entity representing the plaintiffs in the concurrent ICSID arbitration.
- Cablevision in:
- The $750 million acquisition financing extended to its holding company in connection with its $11.5 billion merger with Telecom Argentina and the merger, which created the largest telecommunications group in Argentina.
- The issuance of its $286,377,785 9.375 percent Series V notes due 2018 in connection with the refinancing of existing notes.
- Johns Hopkins University, School of Advanced International Studies, Diploma, 1988
- University of Michigan Law School, LL.M., 1987
- Universidad de Buenos Aires, Abogado, 1985
- New York
- Buenos Aires
Rate : $$$$