Andrew M. Ahern is a corporate partner based in New York and a member of the firm’s Investment Management Group. His practice focuses on advising sponsors of private investment funds, including buyout, energy and infrastructure, and credit opportunities, venture capital and funds of funds.
Mr. Ahern’s recent experience includes acting for clients such as, Gramercy, HarbourVest Partners, Leeds Equity Partners, Providence Equity Partners and Sequoia Capital and VWH Capital Management.
Mr. Ahern is recommended by The Legal 500 US (2017) and was named a “Rising Star” by Law360 (2017) and IFLR 1000 (2018). Mr. Ahern is editor of the Debevoise & Plimpton Private Equity Report and co-authored the article, “Private Equity’s Long Tail Considerations for Private Equity Managers and Investors Facing Fund Life Extensions,” Credit Suisse Group AG (January, 2015).
Mr. Ahern joined the firm in 2005. He graduated in 2002 with a B.A. (magna cum laude) from Bucknell University and received a J.D. in 2005 from Columbia University School of Law, where he was a Kent Scholar and member of the Columbia Law Review. He was admitted to practice in New York in 2005.
- Sequoia Capital in the formation of Sequoia Capital Global Growth Fund III – Endurance Partners, an $8 billion global venture fund.
- Audax Management Company in the formation of Audax Direct Lending Solutions Fund, a $1.6 billion global direct lending fund.
- VWH Capital Management in the formation of VWH Master Fund, a $500 million U.S. residential real estate fund.
- Providence Equity Partners on its GP-led stapled tender offer for Providence Equity Partners VII, a $5 billion buyout fund focused on global investments in media, telecommunications & technology companies.
- HarbourVest Partners as lead investor in Lime Rock Partners IV AF, L.P., a $1.9 billion acquisition fund which acquired the remaining assets of Lime Rock Partners IV, L.P.
- HarbourVest Partners in its acquisition from Bank of America of the BAML Capital Access Funds group, a private equity fund-of-funds manager focused on opportunities with emerging managers, diverse managers, the lower middle market and other underserved markets.
- HarbourVest Partners and a consortium of investors in the indirect acquisition of a $650 million portfolio of private equity and hedge fund interests; this investment was structured through a complex acquisition of 40% of the outstanding limited partnership interests in The Endowment PMF Master Fund, L.P., a registered investment company and passively managed fund of funds.
- Newport Global Advisors in the recapitalization of Newport Global Opportunities Fund LP. In the transaction, investment funds managed by Morgan Stanley, LGT Capital and other syndicate investors committed capital to a newly formed Newport-managed fund that acquired substantially all of the portfolio of the existing fund. Existing limited partners elected to either roll their interests into the new fund or receive cash in respect of their interest.
- EIG Global Energy Partners in the establishment of its $2 billion credit platform, comprised of multiple fund vehicles and a separately managed account, to make debt investments in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
- EIG Global Energy Partners in the formation of Harbour Energy, a joint venture with Noble Group Limited to form a company focused on owning and operating upstream and midstream energy assets globally.
- EIG Global Energy Partners in the formation of EIG Energy Fund XVI, a $6 billion global hybrid debt and structured equity fund focused on investments in energy and energy-related infrastructure.
- Providence Equity Partners in the formation of Providence Strategic Growth Fund III, a $1.3 billion North America growth fund.
- Providence Equity Partners in the formation of Providence Equity Partners VII, a $5.1 billion global media, entertainment and communications fund.
- Providence Equity Partners in the formation of Providence TMT Debt Opportunity Fund II, a $721 million global senior credit and credit opportunities fund.
- Providence Equity Partners in the formation of Providence TMT Special Situations Fund, a $1.1 billion credit fund focused on investments in media and communication companies.
- EQT in the formation of EQT Credit II, an €874 million Europe credit opportunities fund.
- Gramercy in the formation of Gramercy Distressed Opportunity Fund II, a $300 million emerging markets distressed credit fund.
- Gramercy Distressed Opportunity Fund III, a $1 billion emerging markets distressed credit fund.
- Providence Equity Partners in the sales of minority interests in the firm to a U.S. state pension fund and a non-U.S. sovereign wealth fund, and to a private equity unit of an independent investment manager.
- EIG Global Energy Partners in the sale of a minority interest in the firm to a sovereign wealth fund.
- EIG Global Energy Partners in the formation of EIG Energy Fund XV, a $4.1 billion global hybrid debt and structured equity fund focused on investments in energy and energy-related infrastructure.
- Providence Equity Partners in the formation of Providence Equity Partners VI, a $12.1 billion global buyout fund focused on investments in media and communication companies.
- HarbourVest Partners in a variety of secondary transactions and the formation of private equity funds and separate accounts with a variety of strategies, including the formation of HarbourVest Partners X, a $1.9 billion investment program.
- EIG Global Energy Partners, Gramercy, Kelso & Company, NCH, Newport Global Advisors and Providence Equity Partners in the formation of private equity funds, separate accounts, co-investment vehicles and other related products with a variety of strategies, and other related matters.
- Columbia Law School, 2005, J.D.
- Bucknell University, 2002, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$$