Andrew J. Blanchard’s background in finance and banking provides him with a sound perspective to assist clients in their complex transactions. Andrew represents clients in a variety of transactions involving residential mortgage loans and servicing related assets, as well as single family rental properties.
He routinely represents lenders, underwriters and issuers of structured finance facilities secured by servicing advance receivables. He also represents clients in the acquisition, financing, securitization and management of single family rental properties.
In addition to his active practice, Andrew assists clients through the firm’s pro bono office in Church Hill and represents veterans in obtaining benefits in partnership with the National Veterans Legal Services Program.
- Representation of mortgage loan servicers in all aspects of their business, including acquisitions and sales of servicing rights, and financing servicing advance receivables and servicing rights both through structured and conventional credit facilities.
- Representation of underwriters and issuers in securitization transactions; asset types include residential mortgages (performing and nonperforming), servicing advance receivables, auto loans and manufactured housing loans.
- Representation of commercial banks and mortgage companies in sales and purchases of residential mortgage loan portfolios in the secondary market.
- Representation of financial institutions in repurchase transactions.
- Representation of major US bank as master servicer, trustee and bond administrator on mortgage- and asset-backed securities transactions.
- Representation of bank-sponsored asset-backed commercial paper conduits in transactions involving trade receivables, mortgage loans and other financial assets.
- JD, University of Richmond School of Law, cum laude, 2002
- BS, University of Richmond, magna cum laude, 1997
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
Rate : $$$