A skilled, trial-tested attorney, Andrew J. Bluebond represents producers, financiers, and innovators in courts and arbitrations across the country. By leveraging Reed Smith’s world-class resources and experience, Andrew provides cogent, forward-thinking representation to leading energy and chemical companies, software designers, and distributors.
Andrew also provides strategic litigation guidance using data analytics and policy expertise that anticipates clients’ needs and identifies regulatory and litigation risks long before they interrupt operations or thwart strategic goals.
Andrew’s incisive writing helps Reed Smith teams achieve impressive results during mediation, in arbitration, and at trial. He understands strong legal writing develops through regular, challenging practice and works diligently to hone his craft and communicate effectively on behalf of clients. Using a ‘measure twice, cut once’ philosophy, his portfolio of clear, concise writing reflects the diversity of his practice:
- Prevailing on and defeating motions to dismiss and summary judgments in state and federal courts across the country;
- Obtaining and defending against exclusion of technical and damages experts in construction, commercial, and patent cases in state and federal court;
- Seeking, resisting, and securing emergency injunctive relief in copyright and commercial contract cases;
- Establishing liability and proving damages in post-hearing briefing for arbitration of claims arising out of the construction of chemical processing plant;
- Appealing verdicts in jury trials and the decisions of administrative bodies in Texas and Oklahoma; and
Andrew also navigates the fast-moving, ever-developing jurisprudence of software copyright enforcement so his clients can stay focused on producing high-quality, market-making innovations. From conducting investigative discovery to inform decision making to obtaining injunctive relief against willful, ongoing infringers, Andrew uses federal practice to defend clients’ intellectual property rights and stop software piracy.
Andrew also knows that the best way to show your commitment to others and your community is through action. Along with other Reed Smith attorneys, Andrew partnered with Children at Risk and the Harris County Attorney’s office to combat human trafficking in Houston through Project AWESOME—Attorneys Working to End Sexually-Oriented Massage Establishments. He’s also a mentor for first-year law students and a 2018 Glass Leadership Fellow through the Anti-Defamation League.
- University of Texas School of Law, 2014, J.D., Editor in Chief of Vol. 33 of The Review of Litigation
- Claremont McKenna College, 2011, B.A., cum laude, Edward J. Sexton Fellow of Philosophy, Politics, and Economics
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : Texas
Court Admissions :
- Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Michigan
Professional Affiliations : Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Secured take-nothing jury verdict on all claims against international Indian steel manufacturer facing more than $32 million in claims resulting from alleged failure of horizontal portion of hydraulic fracturing well.
- Obtained favorable arbitration award for chemical company from engineering firm in dispute concerning construction of calcium chloride plant.
- Acquired dismissal of Harris County’s claims against pro bono client in a tax court proceedings.
- Obtained favorable outcome at mediation on behalf of major exploration and production company in dispute arising out of contractor’s overbilling of services and equipment rentals.
- Brought patent infringements claims against the United States in the Court of Federal Claims on behalf of inventor of system for dissemination of wireless emergency alerts.
Rate : $$$