Andy Vredenburg focuses on helping small to medium-sized businesses seize opportunities and overcome challenges. A significant part of his practice involves addressing the litigation needs of his clients. His skills and experience are much broader, as he handles a myriad of transactions and matters that help clients profitably run their businesses.
Whatever the nature of the work or industry, Andy’s clients share common characteristics. They are either looking to grow and need assistance to get the deal done and the strategy executed or they face an impediment to growth such as litigation or a regulatory roadblock.
Andy’s experience (and focus on using legal strategy to achieve business objectives), has been honed over nearly 25 years of legal practice, including six years as in-house counsel for a middle-market company. Over the course of his career, Andy has routinely handled:
- Business disputes. These involve contracts, partnerships and shareholders’ agreements, employee non-competes, settlement agreements and claims made by private and public entities against his clients.
- Real estate and environmental matters. This includes all aspects of the sale and purchase of real property for both commercial and residential land. Over the years, Andy has supervised environmental assessments, due diligence and remediation activities involving wetlands, landfills and contaminated properties.
- Construction litigation and development. Andy has prepared contracts, construction liens and pursued and defended lien foreclosure actions for his many construction clients as well as assisted with business planning for contractors and developers.
- Corporate counsel. He has assisted business clients with planning. He has prepared corporate documents and contracts, handled mergers and acquisitions and has helped obtain real and personal business property for his clients. Often he offers counsel for both personal and business matters when asked by his clients.
Andy is also in demand as a speaker. He has spoken on a variety of complex and diverse business issues. Some of his presentations include, the “Consumer Protection Act and Automobile Dealership Requirements,” “Regulation and Development of Wetlands for the Commercial Real Estate Developer and Contractor,” and “Bankruptcy, From A Creditor’s Perspective.”
- University of Detroit School of Law, J.D., 1991, cum laude
- Michigan State University, B.A., 1987
Bar and Court Admissions:
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Rate : $$$