Andrew J. Davitt is an associate in the Houston office of Locke Lord LLP where he focuses his practice on environmental permitting, regulatory compliance counseling and transaction-related environmental matters. He advises clients on a wide range of issues related to compliance with state and local environmental and land use regulations, energy project siting and development, and environmental permitting.
A.J. has particular experience in issues concerning air permitting for midstream and upstream companies nationwide, including PSD, major and minor source permitting across the United States.
He regularly represents energy companies in compliance and enforcement matters involving a number of regulatory programs, including the Clean Air Act (CAA), the Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA), the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), and the Clean Water Act (CWA).
He also has extensive experience with federal wildlife laws, including the Endangered Species Act (ESA), Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act (BGEPA), Migratory Bird Treaty Act (MBTA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). In this area, he uses his technical background and training in ecology and evolutionary biology to provide understanding and insight into the scientific considerations that drive these complex regulatory issues.
Representative Experience :
- Representation of midstream and upstream concerns in connection with nationwide air permitting including PSD, major and minor source permitting across the United States
- Defending energy and manufacturing companies in federal and state enforcement proceedings involving alleged CAA, RCRA, and TSCA violations
- Siting and permitting industrial and energy facilities, manufacturing plants, and renewable energy facilities
- Counseling wind energy company in development of Habitat Conservation Plans (HCP) and Incidental Take Permit (ITP) applications for Indiana bats and northern long-eared bats under the federal Endangered Species Act and state resource laws in USFWS Region 3
- Advised wind energy developer regarding compliance with the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act, the National Environmental Policy Act, and the National Historic Preservation Act
Professional History : Associate, Locke Lord LLP
- J.D., magna cum laude, Washington University School of Law, 2014
- M.A., Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, Rice University, 2010
- B.S., Biology, magna cum laude, Trinity University, 2007
Admissions : Texas, 2014
Rate : $$$