Andrew D. Egan regularly serves as bond purchaser’s counsel, underwriter’s counsel, swap counsel, disclosure counsel and bond counsel on general obligation and revenue bond financings, as well as conduit financings for multifamily housing, charter school, nonprofit hospital and economic development projects across the country.
He also has worked with clients on asset workouts, debt restructurings and property dispositions, including foreclosure actions.
- Counsel to purchaser, structuring agent and swap provider in acquisition of portfolio of more than 100 tax-exempt multifamily housing revenue bonds aggregating $850 million and related securitization facilities.
- Counsel to the senior creditor in restructurings of tax credit portfolios and related credit default swap obligations for two of the country’s largest apartment developers.
- Counsel to the sponsor and placement agent in a $150 million agency-administered securitization of multifamily housing bonds and related residual securitizations.
- Served as underwriter’s counsel, disclosure counsel or bond counsel for several of the initial tax-exempt bond-financed charter schools in the State of Georgia and for charter school bond financings in Florida, Texas, North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Served as disclosure counsel to the State of Georgia for over $8 billion of its general obligation bond issues.
- J.D., Georgia State University College of Law, magna cum laude
- M.A., Georgia State University, Special Studies, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
- A.B., University of Georgia, summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa and Phi Kappa Phi
Admissions : Georgia
Memberships and Affiliations :
- State Bar of Georgia (Real Property and Local Government Law Sections)
- Atlanta Bar Association (Business and Finance and Real Estate Law Sections)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
Rate : $$$$