Andrew Etter represents industry and municipal clients in environmental litigation and regulatory compliance matters. His litigation practice includes class action and mass tort litigation matters, as well as enforcement and citizens’ suit issues arising under the Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and other federal statutes and their state analogues.
His regulatory experience includes various permitting and compliance issues under the purview of US EPA, US DOT, Ohio EPA and numerous other federal and state governmental agencies. Andrew also assists clients with environmental due diligence issues related to corporate transactions and real estate investments.
In addition, he actively monitors new legislative and regulatory developments in the federal and state environmental context and counsels clients on strategies related to those proposals. This aspect of his practice includes the representation of various clean water agencies throughout Ohio, advocating on behalf of their legislative and regulatory interests.
Andrew earned his undergraduate degree, a double major in political science and Spanish, from the College of Wooster and completed a study abroad program at the Universidad de Córdoba. During law school at the University of Cincinnati, Andrew completed a judicial externship with Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor of the Ohio Supreme Court.
- University of Cincinnati, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, notes and comments editor, University of Cincinnati Law Review, 2009
- The College of Wooster, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2006
Admissions : Ohio, 2009
- U.S. Ct. of App., Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Dist. Ct., N. Dist. of Ohio
- U.S. Dist. Ct., S. Dist. of Ohio
Memberships and Affiliations :
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- Representing the interests of a coalition of public wastewater treatment agencies with respect to various legislative and regulatory developments, including recent advocacy efforts aimed at addressing nutrient impacts affecting federal and state water resources.
- Defending a major steel company against class action nuisance allegations brought by nearby landowners.
- Counseling a waste authority with respect to contract issues involving one of its service providers.
- Representing a steel products manufacturer with respect to environmental enforcement claims concerning a former production site.
- Representing a major petroleum company in litigation filed by the state alleging improper payments from Ohio’s Petroleum Financial Assurance Fund.
- Representing major steel company in obtaining a judgment barring liability for certain pre-bankruptcy remediation claims asserted by federal and state governments and private plaintiffs.
- Negotiating a federal consent decree that resolved alleged leak detection and repair (LDAR) and related violations arising under the Clean Air Act (CAA) on behalf of a major chemical company.
Rate : $$$$