Andrew Gendron is a trial lawyer who focuses on complex civil and appellate litigation. He is skilled in handling mass and class actions and multidistrict litigation in product liability, toxic tort, environmental, stockholder, corporate governance, fiduciary, and professional liability matters.
He has practiced and litigated matters to conclusion throughout the United States. Andy frequently works with transactional attorneys to provide deal-related risk management advice.
His clients have included pharmaceutical companies, petroleum refiners, chemical manufacturers, real estate investment trusts (REITs), banks, law firms, and high-net-worth individuals.
- Won a defense verdict in wrongful-death action alleging that occupational exposure to benzene caused decedent’s acute myelogenous leukemia
- Won a defense verdict for manufacturer of woodworking equipment against claim that a design defect had caused permanent disabling injury to a medical doctor’s dominant hand
- Won a defense verdict for a community association sued by an invitee who became quadriplegic as a result of diving accident
- Won a defense verdict for a go-kart manufacturer sued by parents of a nine-year-old who sustained internal injuries in a crash at an amusement park
- Obtained dismissal of securities fraud claims against an early-stage biotechnology company, and then settled remaining, potentially crippling claims on terms that allowed the client to recapitalize
- Defended a petroleum refiner against groundwater contamination suits filed by more than 1,100 plaintiffs alleging property damage and personal injury, which ended as a victory for the client after trial, appeal, and settlements
- Served as trial and liaison counsel in Maryland tobacco litigation, which included a defense verdict in one death case and dismissal of all tobacco/asbestos synergy cases filed in Baltimore City
- Defended pigment and paint manufacturers before the trial and appellate courts of Maryland, with defense judgment upheld on appeal.
- J.D.University of Maryland1986
- A.B.Georgetown University1982
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Maryland
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Professional Memberships and Activities :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, Maryland Defense Counsel
- Faculty member, Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers
Community : Represents minors and their families in special immigrant juvenile status (SIJS) proceedings through his work with Esperanza Center.
- Former chair, mission & planning and executive committees; former finance committee member, Catholic Community of Saint Francis Xavier (CCSFX)
- Co-chair, 19th and 20th Lawyers’ Campaigns for CollegeBound Foundation
- Former board member, Homeless Persons Representation Project
- Former volunteer, Christopher Place
Rate : $$$$