Andrew N. Goldman is co-chair of the firm’s Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Practice Group, resident in the New York office. He is comfortable handling bankruptcy-related litigation and corporate issues.
Having practiced in the field for more than 25 years, Mr. Goldman is a seasoned bankruptcy litigator and counselor whose practical insights and analytical abilities enable him to fashion strategy and form consensus in the most complicated of restructuring environments.
Mr. Goldman’s practice is broad ranging, and includes representation of large public company debtors, creditors’ committees, DIP lenders, acquirers and individual institutional creditors, in both out-of-court workouts and formal restructuring processes.
Mr. Goldman was selected for the 2010 and 2011 Editorial Advisory Board for Bankruptcy Law360. He is a member of the Brooklyn Law School Zaretsky Roundtable, and guest lectures the advanced Business Reorganizations’ class at Brooklyn Law School as well.
- Representing the Walt Disney Company in connection with the chapter 11 cases of The Weinstein Companies.
- Representing Wilmington Trust, in its capacity as indenture trustee for the senior secured notes issued by Cobalt International Energy
- Representing GLAS USA as successor Credit Agreement Agent for the $2 billion PIK Loan issued by Ecobat and EB Holdings
- Represent Euroclear Bank NA/SV in its capacity as clearing agent for various tranches of sovereign bonds issued by the Republic of Argentina in SDNY litigation and related matters
- Represent Cross Sound and Pentwater, as holders of bond debt, in connection with the chapter 11 proceedings of Venoco, Inc.
- Representing Wilmington Trust, in its capacity as indenture trustee for the 5% guaranteed convertible senior secured notes issued by SunEdison, Inc.
- Representing Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. in connection with its 2009 tender offer for various tranches of convertible notes
- Representing Credit Suisse (USA) Inc. and various affiliates in connection with the Chapter 7 liquidation of American Business Financial Services, Inc.
- Representing Saybrook Capital Advisors in connection with the Chapter 11 cases of Galvex Holdings, Ltd. and its subsidiaries.
- JD, Brooklyn Law School, 1992
- BS, The Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania, 1989
ADMISSIONS : New York
CLERKSHIPS : The Hon. Tina L. Brozman, US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, 1992 – 1994
Rate : $$$