Andrew Grigsby has a civil trial practice that includes extensive experience in cases emphasizing insurance issues. He has handled trials and appeals in matters involving insurance coverage, bad faith, uninsured motorist claims, insurance broker errors & omissions, homeowners, including lender placed policies, commercial property claims, and non-trucking liability.
Mr. Grigsby has argued appeals in every jurisdiction, state and federal, in the state of Florida. Mr. Grigsby has been a member of The Florida Bar since 1981 and in the past, has been retained and testifies as an expert witness on Florida law regarding insurance coverage and bad faith issues in both first party and third party insurance matters.
Exemplifying his extensive trial experience, Mr. Grigsby is a former Commissioner and Chair of the Florida Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission from 2001 to 2010, and he served as a Commissioner for the Third District Court of Appeal Judicial Nominating Commission from 1999 to 2001. He joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in March 1996.
Representative Matters :
- American Modern Insurance Group
- Founders Insurance Company
- GeoVera Specialty Insurance Company
- Great American Insurance Company
- Northland Insurance Company
Professional Affiliations :
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member (2011 – Present)
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Member (1996 – 2016)
- The Federalist Society, Member, (2004 – Present)
- J.D., cum laude, University of Michigan School of Law, 1981
- M.B.A., University of Michigan, 1980
- B.A., cum laude with distinction in History, Duke University, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Rate : $$$$