Andrew Hawes focuses on representing companies in the timber and other natural resource industries in real estate, government relations, land use and other areas of law. He is deeply experienced in real estate issues involving federal public lands, particularly federal land exchanges and dispositions and Native American law issues.
His experience includes grazing lease agreements, cell tower agreements, easement agreements, U.S. Forest Service and state road cost-sharing agreements and recreational access agreements, as well as local, state and federal regulations governing timber management and harvesting operations.
Andy’s real estate and business law experience includes handling boundary, easement and other real estate disputes, overseeing mergers and acquisitions, and assisting in matters of regulatory compliance involving administrative procedures and processes.
Andy oversaw the completion of the largest private/state Land Exchange in the history of the state of Washington involving an exchange of approximately 100,000 acres of land located over 14 different counties throughout the state.
For his work, he received special recognition from the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation for using leadership and collaboration to accomplish this landmark deal that resulted in the creation of a state wildlife reserve in the Naneum Ridge State Forest.
During his career, Andy has also overseen the acquisition, sale and management of over 360,000 acres of timberland and other natural resource lands. Andy is deeply rooted in Boise and enjoys helping his clients, whether guiding them through a complicated business deal or working through a real estate dispute.
- University of Idaho College of Law (J.D., 1994)
- Phi Alpha Delta
- University of Denver (B.A., Political Science with honors, 1992)
- Phi Sigma Alpha
- Political Science Journal, Editor
Professional Memberships and Activities :
- Idaho State Bar
- President (2007)
- Commissioner (2005-2008)
- Real Property Section
- Chair (1999-2000)
Other Professional Experience :
- Jones Gledhill Fuhrman, and Gourley, P.A., Of Counsel, Boise, Idaho (2017-2018)
- Western Pacific Timber, LLC and affiliated companies, General Counsel and General Manager, Boise, Idaho (2005-2017)
- Elam and Burke, P.A., Partner and Shareholder, Boise, Idaho (2004-2005)
- Andrew E. Hawes, PLLC, Managing Partner, Boise, Idaho (2002-2004)
- Hall, Farley, Oberrecht and Blanton, P.A., Associate, Boise, Idaho (2000-2002)
- Pioneer Title Company, Assistant Vice President and Assistant General Counsel (1997-2000)
Bar Admissions : Idaho; Washington
Court Admissions :
- Supreme Court of Idaho
- Supreme Court of Washington
- United States District Court, District of Idaho
Rate : $$$