Andrew J. Hirsch focuses his practice on structured finance matters, as a member of the firm’s corporate department. He has substantial experience corporate financing transactions, including venture lending and leasing; single-lender and syndicated credit facilities; leveraged buyouts and acquisition finance; high-yield and convertible debt securities; project financings; private placements of debt and equity; and other complex debt and securities financings.
He represents lenders, lessors, and investment banks, as well as public and private companies in diverse industries, including technology, telecommunications, life sciences, manufacturing, and retail. He has particular expertise in the energy and clean technology sectors. Among his many transactions, Andy helped complete the first-ever U.S. Department of Energy loan guarantee transaction under the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
Andy was a co-editor of the Report of the Uniform Commercial Code Committee of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of California on Legal Opinions in Personal Property Secured Transactions (2005). He served as a co-chair of the firm’s Opinion Advisory Committee.
- J.D., Columbia University, 1987
- M.A., Political Science, Yale University, 1984
- University of Frankfurt, Germany, 1982-1983
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member, Business Law and Intellectual Property Law Sections, State Bar of California
- Member, Uniform Commercial Code Committee, California State Bar Business Law Section, 2002-2004
- State Bar of California
Rate : $$$