Andrew K. Hughes is a Partner in our Private Equity & Venture Capital Group. He advises private equity firms and strategic companies in acquisitions, sales, and restructurings and investors and growth companies in venture financings. He also provides general corporate counsel to private companies.
Prior to joining the Firm, Andrew practiced at the Washington, D.C. office of Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP, where he was engaged in energy law administrative proceedings regarding the economic design and operation of regional electric energy markets, and at Testa Hurwitz and Thibeault LLP, a Boston firm, where he represented venture capital funds in formation and investments.
Representative Experience :
- Advised Silver Oak Services Partners in its sale of Construction Labor Contractors, a leading provider of temporary staffing of skilled tradesmen for the commercial construction market, to Tradesmen International, a portfolio company of private equity funds managed by Blackstone Capital Partners
- Advised The Tranzonic Companies (“Tranzonic”), a portfolio company of Silver Oak Services Partners, in its acquisition of Adenna, LLC, a leading supplier of hand protection and related healthcare products to customers operating across an array of end markets in the U.S. and internationally
- Represented Silver Oak Services Partners in its sale of Accent Food Services, an Austin, Texas-based distributor of fresh food, snacks and break room refreshment services, to Audax Private Equity, having counseled Accent in 16 add-on acquisitions under Silver Oak’s ownership
- Represented Silver Oak Services Partners in its sale of National Distribution & Contracting, Inc. (NDC), a leading healthcare supply chain company and distributor of consumable medical supplies, to private equity firm Court Square Capital Partners
- Providence-based ShapeUp, Inc., a global corporate wellness company, in Series A, A-1 and A-2 Preferred Stock financings led by Cue Ball Capital and Excel Ventures and in amending its senior credit facility
- Netsmart Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of enterprise software solutions for health and insurance service providers, in its acquisitions of both Defran Systems Inc. and Sequest Technologies, Inc.
- Nautic Partners in a leveraged acquisition by merger of Superior Vision, a vision benefit plan provider.
- Novartis Bioventures in the issuance of Series A1 Preferred Stock of Aerpio Therapeutics, Inc., a Cincinnati-based biopharmaceutical company
- Boston-based, Alta Communications, a private equity firm, in connection with its acquisition of HMP Communications, which serves as a conduit of information in the healthcare community between researchers, practitioners and manufacturers and provides continuing medical education. HMP in connection several acquisitions and related new equity investments
- J.D., magna cum laude, Boston College, 2001
- B.A., magna cum laude, Georgetown University, 1998
- Massachusetts, 2001
- Rhode Island
Rate : $$$