Andrew Lorentz co-chairs DWT’s FinTech Practice. He focuses on the retail financial services sector and is particularly knowledgeable regarding mobile and other electronic payment systems. He has extensive experience in both the regulatory and commercial issues in retail payments and his clients include major banks and non-depository financial institutions, global technology companies, wireless carriers, e-commerce companies, and international retailers.
Andy also has extensive experience with a wide variety of other transactions and regulatory matters both in the United States and abroad. He is a frequent speaker on a range of topics related to FinTech at numerous industry events.
Andy’s experience includes the full range of consumer protection issues and regulatory law in retail financial services, including the Electronic Fund Transfer Act, Regulation E, Truth-in-Lending, Regulation Z, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Federal Trade Commission Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, federal and state banking regulation, state money transmission and licensed lending laws, payment network rules, unclaimed property laws, the Bank Secrecy Act, FDIC insurance, and E-SIGN.
- Counsel, Financial Services Group, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP, Washington, D.C. and Brussels, 1997-2010
- Corporate Associate, Patton Boggs LLP, Washington, D.C., 1994-1997
- Intelligence Officer, Analyst, U.S. Army and Drug Enforcement Administration, Germany and Washington, D.C., 1986-1994
Professional & Community Activities:
- Executive Committee, Davis Wright Tremaine
- American Bar Association, 1996-present
- Davis Wright Tremaine Executive Committee, 2015-present
- Member, Grace Episcopal Church
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1994, cum laude
- American Jurisprudence Award in Constitutional Law
- Journal: Law and Policy in International Business
- M.A., International Relations, Boston University, 1990
- B.A., International Relations, German, University of Pennsylvania, 1985
Rate : $$$$