Andrew Perlmutter became an associate of the firm in 2007, a senior associate in 2013, and a principal in 2018. Mr. Perlmutter received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center in May 2004. From 2005-2007, Mr. Perlmutter was an associate at Melehy & Associates, LLC (formerly Zipin & Melehy, LLC) in Silver Spring, MD, where he practiced plaintiff-side employment law. During law school, Mr. Perlmutter participated in the Harrison Institute for Public Law, Policy Clinic, representing governmental and nonprofit clients in varied regulatory matters, and was on staff of Law and Policy in International Business.
Mr. Perlmutter’s internship experience includes legal clerkships with Schargin Associates (a Washington, DC administrative litigation firm) and with Prof. Roy Schotland (researching constitutional and elections law issues) as well as positions with the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Congress and the Pennsylvania General Assembly.
In 2001, Mr. Perlmutter graduated from Cornell University with honors, with a major in Government and minors in International Relations and Law & Society.
Mr. Perlmutter is a member of the bars of the State of Maryland and of the District of Columbia.
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia, J.D. – 2004
- Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, A.B. – 2001
- Maryland, 2004
- District of Columbia, 2005
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit, 2007
- Federal Claims Court, 2007
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association, Co-chair, Government Personnel Committee, Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA), Federal Employee Rights Liaison, Amicus Advisory Committee
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA), Chair, Rulemaking Committee, Federal Employee Rights Practice Group
- Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers’ Association (MWELA)
Rate : $$$$