Andrew J. Kalgreen concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial equipment finance and leasing, municipal lease-purchase financing and other commercial lending and public sector financing transactions.
As a former senior counsel for two national equipment finance companies, Mr. Kalgreen has extensive experience in structuring, documenting, and negotiating commercial and governmental financing transactions and in advising financial institutions regarding federal and state laws affecting their business operations.
- Provided legal guidance on structures, terms and conditions for equipment leasing and financing transactions including compliance with banking laws, tax benefits and requirements, residual protection, early termination provisions and lease-end return and sale options.
- Documented and negotiated middle-market and large ticket loan and equipment lease transactions for commercial, government and nonprofit customers. Substantial experience in financings for business aircraft, helicopters and brown water vessels, tax-exempt municipal leases for state and local governments and equipment financings for nonprofit organizations by conduit structures.
- Analyzed, drafted, and negotiated contracts for syndicated commercial loans.
- Bond counsel and underwriter/purchaser counsel for Ohio municipal bond transactions.
- J.D. University of Chicago
- B.A. Kent State University
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Ohio State Bar Association, Chair of Leasing Subcommittee to the Banking, Commercial & Bankruptcy Committee
- Member of the Board for the Central Ohio Chapter of Risk Management Association
- Equipment Leasing & Finance Association (ELFA), Legal Committee, 1993 -1995
Rate : $$$$