M. Andrew Kauss has extensive experience in advising large real estate and corporate clients on a broad range of sophisticated real estate transactions, including development, leasing and acquisitions, and sales. He regularly represents clients in the organization of ownership structures for real estate assets, and the formation of institutional capital for investment in real estate with collateral knowledge of the tax exempt investor and ERISA aspects of such matters. He has represented several real estate industry and corporate clients in the development of major investment and corporate real estate projects; has represented several companies in headquarters office leasing transactions of more than 100,000 square feet of space; and has represented clients in the organization of investment funds for institutional investors that have invested over $1 billion in real estate assets nationwide.
Mr. Kauss is listed in the 2018 and the nine years immediately preceding editions of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and The Best Lawyers in America® for Real Estate Law in 2019 and the 13 years immediately preceding. He has been named a Georgia “Super Lawyer” for Real Estate Law in 2018 and also in 2016 and the seven years immediately preceding by Super Lawyers magazine and recognized in the 2009 Legal 500 US. In 2011, 2013 and 2014, Mr. Kauss was named by International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers in the area of Real Estate. He has been named in Georgia Trend magazine’s “Legal Elite” list and is AV® rated by Martindale-Hubbell.*
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedure’s standards and policies.
- Represents Carter & Associates LLC as the master developer of “The Banks,” a multi-phased project for an extensive mixed use development on approximately 18 acres owned by Hamilton County and within the City of Cincinnati. The project is on the north bank of the Ohio River, between the Cincinnati Bengals’ Paul Brown Stadium and the Cincinnati Reds’ Great American Ballpark. The project is intended to provide high quality development in an area along the Cincinnati riverfront on which the City of Cincinnati has desired development for many years.
- Represented Branch Banking & Trust in multiple proposed sale/leaseback transactions involving approximately 1,000 bank properties.
- Represented BellSouth in all aspects of the acquisition and development of three transit-oriented development projects in the City of Atlanta proximate to MARTA rail stations, totaling approximately 3.5 million square feet of space and remote parking decks at terminal MARTA rail stations, with a projected total cost of approximately $750 million.
- University of California at Los Angeles, J.D. (1977) Order of the Coif
- Boston University, B.A. (1974) summa cum laude, with distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
- New York (2005)
- Georgia (1977)
Rate : $$$