Andrew J. Lauria is an associate in Pillsbury’s Litigation and Employment & Labor practices and is located in the New York office. He focuses his practice on complex commercial and employment litigation.
Andrew has worked for clients on a variety of litigation and pre-litigation matters, including employment disputes, construction defects litigation, commercial contract renegotiation, and complex financial services litigation.
Andrew also assists in advising employers to comply with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations in reviewing employee handbooks, manuals, policies, and agreements, as well as by conducting employment-related due diligence in merger and acquisition transactions.
Andrew’s pro bono practice includes representing immigrants seeking asylum and special immigrant juvenile status.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Assisted employers in reaching favorable settlements through mediations conducted by JAMS and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Represented a residential mortgage-backed securities trustee in litigation involving $900 million in disputed mortgage insurance claims.
- Advised electronics manufacturer in successfully renegotiating a long-term supply agreement.
- Represented employer in successfully mediating a class action alleging a WARN Act violation to settlement.
- Represented employer in successfully mediating claim of disability discrimination before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission to settlement.
- Prepared employee handbook supplements and internal human resources memoranda on employment laws covering 48 U.S. jurisdictions.
- Drafted and reviewed employment, independent contractor, restrictive covenant, confidentiality, severance, and separation agreements.
- Drafted and issued cease and desist letters on behalf of client to former employees subject to restrictive covenants.
- Representing an innovative, not-for-profit environmental company in breach of commitment letter for financing relating to asset purchase agreement arising out of bankruptcy of a major U.S. coal company.
- Represented software company in reaching favorable settlement in misappropriation claim brought by business competitor through mediation.
- J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, 2015
- B.A., Temple University, 2012
ADMISSIONS : New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$$