Andrew Brumby is a partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he leads the Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy Practice Group. Andy uses more than 30 years of experience to counsel businesses on ways to repair financial relationships with companies in distress, including recovering debt or restructuring deals to protect his clients’ interests. Andy is a frequent speaker on creditors’ rights and insolvency issues.
Andy currently serves on the Florida Bar’s Bankruptcy/UCC Committee and the American Bankruptcy Institute. He was the first president of the Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association, and continued to serve on its Board of Directors from its inception through 1996. He is also the former Chairman of the Ninth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee of The Florida Bar.
- University of Virginia, J.D., 1979
- University of Virginia, B.A., with high distinction, Economics, 1976
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association, former President
- The Florida Bar, Bankruptcy/UCC Committee of the Business Law Section
- The Florida Bar, Ninth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee, former Chairman
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Rate : $$$$