Andrew L. McIntosh is working with clients in a broad range of industries, both nationally and internationally, He is a business and transactions lawyer with significant experience advising individuals and business entities, many of which are identified with renewable energies, green builds, and sustainable business initiatives. His collaborative approach enables him to effectively and efficiently counsel clients in various areas.
As a member of the firm’s international practice group, Andrew provides representation to clients involved in cross-border and global business, both inbound and outbound. In doing so, he draws on his experience and relationships developed as a member of both the Ontario Bar and the Florida Bar.
Maintaining a solutions-oriented mindset, he co-founded Cross Border Partners Advisory Services, which provides project management and consulting services to businesses seeking to expand their platforms through exports or direct investment. This compliments Andrew’s law practice and allows him to provide comprehensive support to his clients’ efforts.
From 2005 to 2012, Andrew served as Honorary Consul of Canada for Florida, pursuant to the Government of Canada’s “Enhanced Representation Initiative.” He continues to provide services to facilitate trade and investment activities through the Canadian Consulate General at Miami, assisting Canadian businesses with interests in Florida, and U.S. firms desiring to do business in Canada.
He founded the Canada-Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce. In recognition of his efforts on behalf of Canada, Andrew was awarded the Governor General’s Visit Medallion. Prior to joining Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP, Andrew was a partner for many years with an international law firm where he served as global desk partner for the Florida market.
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, (Florida State University Law Review), 1990
- LL.B., Queen’s University at Kingston, Ontario, Canada, (Queen’s Law Journal; Queen’s Senate), 1987
- B.A., Wilfrid Laurier University at Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, (WLU Board of Governors), 1984
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario Bar)
- City of Tampa, EB-5 Visa Task Force Member
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Citizen’s Academy, Class of 2008
- Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce: Board of Directors, 2010-2013; Co-Chair International Business Committee; Leadership Tampa, Class of 2011
- Brookings Institute Metropolitan Export Exchange, Tampa Bay Exchange Steering Committee Member
- Tampa Hillsborough Economic Development Corporation, Chairman, International Trade and Foreign Direct Investment Task Force
Rate : $$$$