Andrew W. Ment’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions. Mr. Ment’s M&A experience includes public and private acquisitions and divestitures, leveraged buy-outs, “going private” transactions and joint ventures.
Mr. Ment also practices in the area of corporate finance, where his experience includes syndicated lending, royalty sales & financings, registered offerings, and private placements.
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 1998
- Swarthmore College, B.A., 1993
Bar Admissions : New York
Representative Matters :
- Forest Laboratories, Inc. in its $1.2 billion acquisition of Clinical Data, Inc. and its $357 million acquisition of the U.S. patents and other US and Canadian intellectual property related to Bystolic®.
- eScreen, Inc. in its sale to Alere, Inc. for $270 million upfront and up to $70 million in contingent payments.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company in its acquisition of Amira Pharmaceuticals for $325 million upfront and up to $150 million in contingent payments.
- Procter & Gamble in the $3.1 billion sale of its pharmaceuticals business to Warner-Chilcott.
- Northwestern University in the sale of a portion of its worldwide royalty interest in Lyrica for $700 million.
- Abbott Laboratories in its $3.7 billion acquisition of Kos Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Kerr-McGee Corporation in its $18 billion merger into Anadarko Petroleum Corporation.
Previous Experience : Economic Consulting Services Inc., Staff Economist (1993-1995)
Rate : $$$