Andrew Gay represents construction industry clients including project owners and developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers. His practice focuses on litigation, and his significant experience includes all aspects of discovery, drafting and arguing motions, taking and defending depositions, and serving as first or second chair in mediations, arbitrations, and trials.
Andrew handles a wide range of issues that arise in the construction industry, such as breach of contract, payment, and scope of work disputes, payment bond claims, claims for additional time and money, perfecting and enforcing mechanics’ liens, and contract negotiation.
Andrew’s career has always focused on the construction industry. Before law school, he worked as a project manager for one of America’s largest, privately-held real estate companies, managing commercial construction projects in Florida. Before entering private practice, Andrew served as associate general counsel for one of Virginia’s largest general contractors.
Andrew then worked as an associate attorney in private practice, primarily handling construction law and litigation matters. His significant industry experience allows him to better understand the business decisions each construction client must make when faced with disputes and litigation.
- Liberty University School of Law (J.D., 2014)
- Everglades University (B.S. in Construction Management, 2010)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Construction Law Section
- Virginia State Bar
- Construction Law & Public Contracts Section, Past Member of the Board of Governors, 2018.
- Personnel Committee Member, Cave Spring Baptist Church, Roanoke, VA 2017 – 2018
- Barrister Book Buddies, Morningside Elementary School, Roanoke, VA 2016-2017
- Rule of Law Project, Dunbar Middle School, Lynchburg, VA 2015
Rate : $$$