Andrew O’Connor represents clients in high-stakes government investigations and civil litigation. He has served as counsel for many well-known healthcare and life sciences companies facing major federal investigations, class actions, and false claims act litigation.
Andrew currently plays a lead role in a multi-district litigation involving more than 1,000 state and federal cases across the country and has helped clients navigate high-profile legal matters that require complex legal, business, and reputational solutions.
Andrew’s practice spans civil and criminal matters involving fraud statutes, anti-kickback laws, the False Claims Act, FDA regulations, the Controlled Substances Act, insurance billing rules, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and federal securities laws.
Andrew has successfully litigated complex civil cases on behalf of clients in state and federal court, at both the district and appellate levels. He has played lead roles in defending clients against potential enforcement actions by the U.S. Department of Justice, numerous state attorneys general, and federal regulatory agencies. He has also led internal investigations on a national and international scale.
Andrew is a graduate of Yale University and Harvard Law School, where he served as an editor of the Harvard Law Review. His pro bono practice has included representing leading civil rights organizations and individuals in immigration, civil rights and other matters.
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2008; Editor, Harvard Law Review
- BA, magna cum laude, with Distinction in Political Science, Yale University, 2005; Phi Beta Kappa
- Massachusetts, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Negotiated first-of-its-kind resolution of allegations regarding potential violations of the Controlled Substances Act and DEA regulations by a pharmaceutical manufacturer in connection with the sale and distribution of prescription opioid products.
- Represented large multinational pharmaceutical company in consumer protection investigations by state Attorneys General into allegedly misleading direct-to-consumer advertising.
- Represented large multinational pharmaceutical company in high-profile, wide-ranging investigation of foreign bribery allegations.
- Represents international medical device company in wide-ranging government investigation regarding alleged provision of in kind services to healthcare providers.
- Successfully represented surgical implant manufacturer in connection with civil and criminal investigation into allegedly improper consulting relationships with physicians.
- Represented drug manufacturer in connection with municipal false claims investigation involving allegedly misleading promotion of branded and generic prescription drugs.
- Secured favorable resolution of qui am alleging improper billing for laboratory testing by major national healthcare provider.
- Successfully argued motion to dismiss complaint against biotechnology and medical device company in securities fraud action involving allegedly misleading statements to investors.
- Successfully represented biotechnology company in defending against shareholder action threatening strategic merger with medical device company.
- Advised corporate board of directors regarding compliance oversight responsibilities under securities laws and federal sentencing guidelines.
Rate : $$$$