Andrew P. Rubin works on the tax and finance deals that build and improve local communities. His practice is focused on leveraging unique financing structures and tools to infuse development and redevelopment projects with the capital needed to bring critical services to these communities.
Andrew’s toolbox includes a variety of financing programs such as tax-exempt bonds, new markets tax credits, renewable energy tax credits, state and local tax incentives, and government loan guarantees that can be used to fund infrastructure, transportation, multifamily housing, affordable housing, schools, libraries, and renewable energy projects.
The blueprint to Andrew’s approach is to be a partner to his clients, guiding them throughout the life cycle of each deal, from due diligence and the drafting of core documents, to post-closing compliance.
For Andrew, it’s incredibly rewarding to visit a project that he has worked on, understand the story and the people behind it, and see the positive impact that these projects have on the community.
Andrew also helps his clients navigate the complex map of state and local taxes in Colorado and across the broader Mountain West. Andrew guides clients as they plan for a variety of SALT issues, ranging from determining whether they have nexus with one of Colorado’s more than 700 taxing jurisdictions to planning for apportionment of income taxes in a digital economy.
- LL.M., Natural Resources Law, Certificate in Oil and Gas Law and Policy, Energy Law and Policy, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2013
- LL.M., Taxation, Northwestern University School of Law, 2008
- J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, 2008
- B.A., Religious Studies, Arizona State University, 2005
- B.S., Political Science, Arizona State University
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member, Greater Denver Tax Counsel Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association, Tax Section
- Member, American Bar Association, Tax Section
- Board Member, Anti-Defamation League Mountain States Region, 2016-Present
- Board Member, Syracuse University Alumni Club of Colorado, 2012-Present
Rate : $$$