Dr. Andrew Regan focuses on the protection and maintenance of Orange Book pharmaceutical patents, including their assertion against ANDA filers, and their defense against post-issuance review proceedings at the Patent Office.
Most recently he was part of the litigation and trial team representing Indivior, winning a major victory in its bet-the-company patent litigation related to the blockbuster Suboxone® Film product.
Before practicing law, Dr. Regan was a research scientist. During his tenure at Cornell University, he was a National Institutes of Health (NIH) fellow in molecular virology and pathogenesis and published numerous peer-reviewed studies in the field of infectious disease.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Cornell University, Ph.D., 2010
Bar Admissions :
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Matters :
- Represented AstraZeneca in defeating Complex Innovations’ attack on a patent covering SYMBICORT® inhalation aerosol for asthma and COPD. On July 24, 2017, the Patent Trial and Appeal Board denied institution of an IPR trial as to every challenged claim. The PTAB largely followed the arguments Covington presented in the preliminary response when determining that the petition failed to demonstrate a reasonable likelihood of prevailing at trial.
- Representing Indivior in multiple bet-the-company patent litigation disputes related to its billion dollar Suboxone® Film product. Secured major bench trial victory in 2016 against first two ANDA filers.
Rate : $$$