Andrew S. Robins serves as the co-chair of Akerman’s Hospitality Sector Team, a multidisciplinary group providing an extensive range of legal counsel and services to lodging and lifestyle companies. In this capacity, he works on a broad variety of hotel and resort development, operations and regulatory matters, including the evaluation of litigation.
Andy is recognized nationally by Chambers USA as a leading authority on the development and structuring of mixed-use real estate projects throughout the United States and globally.
Clients turn to Andy for his depth and scope of experience and his practical approach to addressing the material risks and potential rewards of complex matters within the hospitality sector. He counsels lodging and lifestyle companies on evolving products and works regularly with established and startup branding companies within the hospitality sector. Additionally, Andy advises capital providers on loan restructurings and REO.
Andy also counsels governmental institutions on promoting economic growth through tourism. His work includes the planning and facilitation of new tourism destinations, privatization of publicly owned facilities, structuring of fiscal and monetary incentives to promote investment, and creation of financing mechanisms to supplement development initiatives.
He has advised the Republic of Panama, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, other Caribbean nations and a variety of municipalities within the United States. Andy is a member of the international Society of Hospitality Consultants and the Urban Land Institute, Recreation Development Council and is a frequent speaker on hotel and resort development and operations.
- J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, 1979
- B.A., State University of New York, 1976, Omicron Delta Epsilon (International Economics and Business Honor Society)
Bar Admissions : Florida; New York
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Technical Advisory Panel for the Miami Downtown Development Authority on a Downtown Conference Center, Chair
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Technical Advisory Panel for the City of North Miami, Florida, Member
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Recreation Development Council, Member
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Southeast Florida/Caribbean District Council, Executive Committee Member
- The Center for Caribbean and Latin American Development, Founding Member
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member
- Florida Bar Association, Condominium and Planned Development Committee of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member
Rate : $$$