Andrew J. Rolfes has more than 20 years of experience as a management-side labor and employment lawyer, representing a wide range of clients, from small businesses to municipalities to Fortune 100 companies, in both traditional labor law matters and employment discrimination litigation.
Andy has particular experience representing clients in the transportation industry, with a focus on the labor and employment needs of rail carriers. Andy’s railroad experience includes representing carriers under the Railway Labor Act, including representation disputes, negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, and litigation to obtain injunctions against unlawful strikes.
Andy has also counseled rail carriers in connection with major corporate transactions before the Surface Transportation Board, including negotiation and arbitration of agreements under a variety of labor protective conditions.
Andy has devoted a significant portion of his practice to the defense of whistleblower claims under the Federal Railroad Safety Act, litigating cases before the Department of Labor and in the federal courts. Andy has also handled NLRB charges alleging retaliation and discrimination.
Andy also has considerable experience representing both public and private sector employers in traditional labor law matters under the National Labor Relations Act, as well under Pennsylvania law, including the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, defense of unfair labor practice charges, and arbitration of grievances.
In addition, Andy has substantial litigation experience under all equal employment opportunity laws, including Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA and Section 1981. He has also defended individual and collective actions under the FLSA and related state laws and has litigated claims involving non-compete agreements and the misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Acted as lead negotiator for municipality in collective bargaining negotiations with four separate unions.
- Represented freight railroads in Federal Railroad Safety Act litigation before OSHA, Department of Labor Administrative Law Judges, Administrative Review Board and various federal courts.
- Obtained injunction against threatened strike against freight railroad over minor dispute involving cost of living adjustment.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., magna cum laude, 1994
- Pace University, B.A., summa cum laude, 1991
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$