Andrew S. Wong represents leading international and domestic companies in the financial, technology, oil and gas, food and beverage, manufacturing and transportation industries in a variety of complex commercial litigation and employment law matters.
He focuses his practice on general commercial litigation, cross-border litigation and arbitration, product liability, business torts, trade secrets and unfair trade practices disputes, as well as employment discrimination matters. He counsels numerous overseas clients in Asia on business strategy issues and litigation risk analysis.
Mr. Wong maintains an active pro bono practice and is also active in his local community as an elected School Board member of the Ponoma Unified School District. Mr. Wong has also served on numerous non-profit boards and has been a gubernatorial appointee to two state-wide California commissions.
Mr. Wong is chair of the firm-wide Diversity and Inclusion Committee. Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Wong was a litigation partner at another large international law firm.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 1995, summa cum laude
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 1998
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Governing Board, Pomona Unified School District
- Former Commissioner, California Commission on Asian and Pacific Islander American Affairs
- Former Commissioner, Dental Hygiene Committee of California
- Board of Advisors, Diamond Bar Community Foundation
- Led Dechert team, on behalf of a leading multinational corporation, in securing a significant victory in an ICC arbitration involving a multi-billion dollar construction project in Saudi Arabia subject to Sharia Law.
- Represented a leading Asia-based chemical manufacturer in numerous, successful multi-jurisdictional litigation actions awarding damages based on breaches of certain long-term supply agreements.
- Counsel for DHL defending various breach of contract, fraud, and other business tort claims in jury trials in New York, Texas, and Utah.
- Successful defense of leading logistics companies in federal and state qui tamactions across the country alleging consumers were overcharged on the price of fuel.
- Advises numerous overseas clients with U.S. subsidiaries regarding compliance with U.S. employment laws, implementation of labor and employment policies and the defense of discrimination and wage and hour claims.
Rate : $$$$