For more than four decades, Attorney Andrew Schwartz has practiced law in Contra Costa County and the surrounding areas. Mr. Schwartz is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and is Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
In addition, Mr. Schwartz served as lead counsel in Zapotoczny v. Schindler Elevator Corp., a case resulting in a $5.6 million jury verdict, one of the top 100 jury verdicts in California in 2017.
After obtaining his B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Bridgeport in 1970, he went on to graduate from the University of San Francisco School of Law in 1975 with his J.D.. He immediately was admitted to the Federal and California Bars that same year. He was also admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court in 1979.
Attorney Schwartz has served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Alameda/Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association as well as the Contra Costa County Legal Services Foundation. He is also Chairman of the Contra Costa Superior Court’s ADR Committee.
- California, 1975
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1975
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1975
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1975
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1979
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California, J.D. – 1975
- University of Bridgeport, B.S. – 1970
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Certified Civil Trial Advocates, Member, 1999 – Present
- State Bar of California, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates
Rate : $$$