Andrew L. Strong, a Pillsbury partner, has extensive experience in managing significant matters on behalf of the firm’s clients including handling corporate and securities, private and public financing, legislative, judicial, regulatory and administrative matters.
Andrew represents public- and private-sector clients in the emerging technology, life sciences, energy, and real estate industries; public and private academic institutions; and governmental bodies on a variety of diverse matters.
His experience in the board room for private and public companies to his experience in a court room or before a legislative or administrative body has helped hone his skills in representing small to large clients.
Andrew previously served as the General Counsel and Compliance Officer for the Texas A&M University System where he was responsible for, among other things, crisis management and internal investigations for the System’s 11 public universities, 7 state agencies and health science center.
He was the President and CEO of a start-up biotech company (Kalon Biotherapeutics) which he successfully grew and sold to Fujifilm and Mitsubishi. Andrew now serves on the boards of two publicly-traded companies.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Advising Salarius Pharmaceuticals, a company focused on treating rare forms of cancer, in connection with the reverse merger with Nasdaq publicly traded Flex Pharma Inc.
- Led negotiations for and secured a multi-billion dollar long-term preclinical and commercial supply agreement from a large pharmaceutical company for the development and manufacture of an influenza vaccine in North America.
- Represented private company biotech client on major transaction involving a merger of the private company with a public company through a combination of cash, stock and milestones.
- Developed and implemented a crisis management strategy and liability management plan for a large industrial client following two facility explosions within a six month period that produced significant injuries to employees.
- Has litigated complex compliance, enforcement and cost recovery disputes in state and federal courts, creatively achieving many significant settlements with state and federal agencies when such settlements initially appeared impossible.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 1994
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1989
ADMISSIONS : Texas, Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th and 10th Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
Rate : $$$$