Andrew J. Tapscott is a commercial real estate lawyer. Andy is a commercial real estate lawyer with extensive experience in multifamily housing finance (Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, HUD), including student housing projects, and representing REITs, private equity funds, and developers in acquisitions, financings, development, dispositions, joint ventures, and loan workouts.
- Represented a global private equity firm in a $5.122 billion Freddie Mac financing to acquire and take private a public apartment REIT which owned 120+ apartment communities in nine states.
- Represented a global private equity firm in a $1.4 billion Freddie Mac financing to refinance a portfolio of 54 apartment communities in eight states.
- Represents institutional buyers, asset managers and special servicers of securitized portfolios of performing and non-performing real estate assets. Handled liquidation of portfolios through foreclosures, deeds in lieu, workouts, loan sales, loan participations, negotiated payoffs and REO dispositions.
- Formed joint venture to develop $140 million conference hotel complex for large national luxury hotel owner and operator.
- Represented large municipality in the acquisition and redevelopment of historic train station to create a $40 million multimodal transportation center.
- Assisted newly created public authority in the privatization of University-owned hospital complex.
- Handled land acquisitions and assemblages for a semi-conductor plant site, an engineering school, office parks, residential communities and industrial buildings.
- Negotiated sale of conservation easement to US National Park Service for National Historic Landmark site
- JD, Vanderbilt University Law School, Managing Editor, Vanderbilt Law Review, 1989
- BA, Political Science, University of Missouri, with honors, 1985
- Member and Past Executive Committee Member, Real Estate Section, Richmond Bar Association
- Past Chairman, ABA Historic Preservation and Land Conservation Law Committee
Rate : $$$