Andrew W. Steen represents individuals, businesses and funds in significant corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, ownership transitions, investments, joint ventures, and restructurings. He is a partner in the business and tax practice at Davis Wright Tremaine.
He also acts as outside general counsel to small- and mid-cap companies up and down the West Coast. Drew focuses his practice on family-owned and other closely held businesses. He has particular experience working with clients in the food and beverage, seafood, consumer product, and retail industries.
Drew is chair of the Washington State Bar Association’s Business Law Section, an organization of more than 1,200 business lawyers in the State of Washington. He is also co-editor of Davis Wright Tremaine’s Family Business Resource Center, a law blog serving family-owned and closely held businesses.
Drew is active in several industry organizations, including the Northwest Fisheries Association, and regularly donates his time to community and charitable organizations in and around Seattle. Drew is also a graduate of Leadership Tomorrow. To better serve his clients, he maintains an office presence in both Seattle and San Francisco.
- Associate, Proskauer Rose, LLP, Boston, 2011-2013
- Associate, Lane Powell PC, Seattle, 2006-2011
Professional & Community Activities:
- Chair, Business Law Section, Washington State Bar Association
- Executive Committee; Board of Directors – Queen Anne Helpline
- Volunteer, Washington CASH Pro Bono Legal Clinic
- Co-Editor, DWT’s Family Business Resource Center
- Leadership Tomorrow, Class of 2017
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 2006, cum laude
- A.B., University of Chicago, 2002, with honors
Rate : $$$